The Good Penguin is driven to develop and retain the best engineers – we’re always on the look out for passionate and motivated engineers, even when we don’t have specific roles to fill.
We look for self motivated engineers that enjoy learning and thrive when confronted with seemingly impossible problems. As our organisation is customer focused, we look for engineers that can work closely with our customers and gain satisfaction from meeting their needs. Our customers are product-makers that need our assistance and expertise to bring their devices to life.
We look for engineers that are experienced and talented – as well as engineers of less experience but with great aptitude. We strive to give our engineers responsibility, flexibility and the opportunity and room for growth.
Our current vacancies follow:
Embedded Linux Engineer
Type: Permanent – either 4 or 5 days a week
Salary: £32-50k (5 days) / £25-40k (4 days)
We’re looking for a new engineer to join our small and friendly team to allow us to fulfil the needs our of expanding customer base. The engineer, working directly with our founder and customers, will predominately perform the following activities:
– Create and customise Yocto distributions
– Port Linux and U-Boot to new platforms
– Linux/Bootloader driver development
– Implement security solutions (secure boot, etc)
– Find solutions to customers’ complex problems
The following requirements are highly desirable:
– At least 4 years of embedded Linux experience working on a variety of platforms from low-level right through to user-space
– An ability to communicate well and work directly with customers
– An ability to work under pressure and meet project timescales
– A desire and passion to learn and work in unfamiliar areas
As the company grows, further opportunities may arise for career development such as mentoring and managing others.
In addition to a competitive salary we provide a pension, 28 days annual leave, profit-related annual bonus and opportunities to engage in the open-source community.
Reach out to us at email@example.com to start your journey with us today.